March 16, 2020
Dear Patients and Families:
In order to continue serve our families during the current pandemic while doing our best to maximize safety for you and our staff, we are making some changes to our office workflow.
All of these changes have been made based on current CDC recommendations to ensure your child/family’s safety.
Important Changes During the Current Coronavirus Pandemic:
- We will no longer have walk-ins, but we will continue to see people starting at 8am for sick visits on weekdays. Instead of the normal ‘walk in’ procedure we are asking that you call to make an appointment.
- Please try to arrange it so that only one person comes to the office with the patient for appointments. Arrange to leave siblings and other family members at home. (Social distancing).
- We are seeing all sick patients in one hallway and seeing all well patients in the other hallway.
- If your child has a fever and respiratory symptoms (cough, shortness of breath), please call the office to discuss with a nurse before bringing your child to the office.
- If your child is sick and you believe you have been exposed to someone diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus, please tell us that when you call for any appointments.
Sick Visit Appointments:
- When you arrive for a sick visit appointment, please park and call from your car to alert us that you are here. That way we can bring you in and get you into a room without sitting in the waiting room.
Well Visit (Checkup) Appointments:
- We will continue to see patients for all routine checkups.
- If your child is sick on the day of their checkup, please call to discuss and reschedule that appointment.
- Vitals will be taken in two separate areas for sick and well visits.
- We do have the ‘well’ waiting room that anyone coming in for a checkup will be put in if a room is not immediately available.
For information on the virus that is updated daily with local guidance: www.baystatehealth.org/covid19
As always, if you have and questions or concerns, please give us a call.
Stay healthy – Everyone at Redwood Pediatric and Adolescent Medicine